You are all excited about Inbound Marketing, however, do not know where to start. You may want to start by answering these questions:
- How many visitors visit the site each month?
- Has the website traffic increased month on month over last 12 months?
- What percentage of your website leads convert into customers?
For Lead Generation sites:
- What percentage of leads is generated via your website every month?
- What percentage of your visitors convert into a lead?
For eCommerce sites:
- What percentage of sales is generated via your website every month?
- What percentage of your visitors convert into a customers?
Search Optimization (SEO) :
- What is your SEO strategy?
- How and How often do you research Keyword?
- How you track Search Engine Saturation ( no. of site pages indexed)?
- Do you track your inbound links?
- Do yo have a inbound link strategy?
- Do you generate inbound sales leads directly from organic search engine traffic?
- Are you using social media to build awareness, engagement and traffic?
- Your Brand Twitter account handle –
- Your Brand Facebook page –
- Your Brand Google + page –
- Your YouTube channel –
- Your Company LinkedIn page/ LinkedIn Discussion –
Social Media Listening
- Do you monitor social media for mentions of your brand name, important keywords and competitors?
- Do you generate inbound sales leads directly from social media traffic?
- Blog url:
- Frequency of blogging:
- Who blogs for you ( you, others in your company, agency):
- Do you generate inbound sales leads directly from your blog traffic/readers?
- What and how many downloadable content (ebooks, white papers, case studies) do you have available on your website?
- What is the frequency of download?
- Do You upload content on sites like Slide Share?
- How often do you send email marketing messages?
- Do you have User Life Cycle Event triggered automated lead nurturing system?
- How many different User Life Cycle Events you have setup?
- Do you segment your email marketing lists and send different messages to different segments?
- Do you engage on your blog?
Pay Per Click:
- What is your PPC strategy?
- How many active landing pages do you have on your website?
- How and how often do you research Keyword?
- How often do you test Ad copy?
- How often do you test Landing Pages?
- Do you generate inbound sales leads directly from Pay Per Click traffic?
- Do you track the traffic source/ medium /campaign for each lead?
- Do you use real time Lead tracking?
- Do you track user flow?
- Do you have weekly monthly targets and reviews?
- Do you track your traffic sources?
- Do you track most effective traffic to leads conversion source?
- Do you track most effective leads customer to conversion source ?
- Do you track the traffic source/marketing campaign for each visitor, lead and sale?
Personas and Leads and Flow:
- Have you have the defined persona (profile/demographics/characteristics) of an ideal lead?
- Do you have lead qualification matrix/ filter?
- Do you connect connect with your leads via their social media profiles on Twitter, Linkedin & Facebook?